SINGAPORE's 50TH BIRTHDAY


I'm extremely delighted to realized that I've live to meet the other millennium and able to celebrate
SINGAPORE's 50TH BIRTHDAY~
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!
To celebrate this occasion, Singapore gets a 4 days holiday from 7th August(FRI) to 10th August(MON).

Today's the last day of the golden jubilee.
And... I'm now at home, studying CFA Level 1 Ethics.
That is a whole chunk of text to understand! (I can do it!)

For 4 years of my working life, I worked 8h-12h a day as an artist.
Determined for a career change, I'm now studying CFA and officially a CFA candidate.
The exam is in next year June.

Life is unfair to those who have worked hard enough.
The nature of my current job requires me to do overtime very frequently, resulting in me getting burnt out. There are so many days I can only leave the office at 9pm ~ 11+pm.
Hence, I'm really hoping to get more rewards for the equal amount of effort I will be putting, in another field.

The Financial world has been very alien to me since young, until in 2012 when I
first attended my first Value Investing Summit @ Kallang Stadium. Ever since then, I've been reading alot into Warren Buffet's way of investing and stepped into the stockmarket itself.
In Singapore, to be average, your salary has to be $5k+.
I'm born in this kinda world and I don't want to be a happy but poor Singaporean.

Have you read John Gray's book?
I do agree with him.
There are people who are rich but unhappy.
There are people who are happy but poor.

Why can't we strike a balance?

Heard that Zen's current house used $80k for the renovation.
Now, I have to aim for that amount.
I'm currently 25 years old and I believe I'm still young to save.
Furthermore, I'm not THAT far from that amount...
I'm proud to be one of those rarer Singaporean girls who do have some savings.

Guys out there, do keep an eye on people like us (lol).
We will make your life so much easier! Lesser stress on the finance!

Comments

Popular Posts