WEDDING LUNCH @ VINEYARD

Not long ago, I was honored to be invited to my ex colleague's Wedding lunch @ The VineYard.
It was very customized and personalized theme.

I did consider having my wedding in a park or garden so I thought this was a rather good chance to do my research.

PRICE LIST:
From The Vineyard:
http://www.vineyardhortpark.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Vineyard-Wedding-Package-2015.pdf

From Kiasu Bride: 
http://www.kiasubride.com/wedding-at-vineyard-hortpark/

Do you realize how different is the price range?
The wedding lunch I attended was in a buffet style.
However, I chose to pack my Hong Bao with the most possible expensive package because I'm pretty sure not everyone will help to breakeven. (I am such an angel lol.)

What I like about The VineYard:

1) Food
- That wedding lunch was set as buffet style and I enjoyed most of the food choices!
The menu is included in the Vineyard price list above. It's a pity I don't like Mussles. The beef was quite tasty with the sauce but it is slightly on the dry side. I REALLY liked the mushroom soup and desserts though.

2) Restaurant's ambience
The Restaurant looks quite classy. Again, photos are included in the Vineyard price list above.
On the wedding day, the tables were all arranged in long tables set.
So people from the same company could sit @ 1 long table.
The space however, was rather squeezy so was quite troublesome to go for your second round buffet or to the washroom.

Why I would not want my wedding at the Vineyard:

1) Space
You can only do this if you really have around 50 guests or so.
The restaurant just cannot contain too many and even with that amount, it might still be squeezy.

2) Chairs in restaurant will be used @ the Solemnisation.
A handful of us actually arrived early and on the dot for the wedding but as usual, we HAD to wait for late comers. (Please don't be late for your friend's wedding. PLEASE)
It was a scorching hot afternoon and even though we were hiding in the restaurant, alot of us had to stand because the chairs were placed outside for the Solemnisation.
So...imagine a restaurant with no chairss! Then again, we wouldn't die standing right. Let's not be spoilt brats. But if you have elderly who really needs to sit and rest, that might post a problem.

3) Temperature
It was REALLY hot in the afternoon. This is Singapore and not America, Japan, Korea. For the groom, you have to be prepared to have the fabric of the blazer, shirt, trousers stick to your perspiring body. For the bride, make sure you have good skin and good Make up Artist.

For pimple-prone Brides, I do not suggest any Venues that exposes your skin to the UVrays when it is at its strongest. I used to have terrible Acne. Took 2 rounds of Roaccutane and I'm going to heed the Doctor's advice to stay away from long exposure of the Sun.

After the long waits of the late guests, the solemnisation finally started.
All guests were to head out and witness the eternal bonding.
The couple really had great taste in music!
I love the groom's lines, which he prepared and rehearsed so well.

However, even under the Tent, I was perspiring like crazy T_T

4) Transport

Because it's a park, and it's inside a park, it REALLY hard to get a cab!
You will have to walk out of the park to the MRT station or call a cab, which comes with extra costs.
Best is still to drive there... if you have a car. That day, we used an app called GrabTaxi and it was proven more effective than calling for one.

Summary:
Nice ambience, nice food but not suitable if you have elderly.
Good for simple soleminsation and for the young adults. =)

Alright~
That's all!
I can't post any photos of the wedding that I had attended because those photos aren't meant to be shown to public. Try googling for Vineyard weddings!

http://www.weddingforum.sg/outdoor-unique-wedding-venues-73/vineyard-%40-hortpark-wedding-review-10292/index2.html

Comments

  1. Sounds so cool! Wedding food should be tasty and delicious, especially a lunch. My wedding coordinator perfectly arranged everything for my wedding. I am happy that I hired the perfect team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a stunning wedding at the vineyard! The picturesque setting perfectly complemented the joyous celebration. I couldn't help but notice the elegant choice of venue, and it got me thinking about AC Marriage Halls in Medavakkam. Your post sparked my interest in exploring similar venues with air-conditioned facilities for weddings in that area. The attention to detail in your description of the wedding lunch is inspiring for couples planning their big day. If you have any recommendations for AC Marriage Halls in Medavakkam, I'd love to hear them. Thanks for sharing this beautiful experience!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts