2 Accounts

Years ago, I learnt from various insurance agent about how to my own basic financial planning.
INPUT/OUTPUT, how much I can put aside for investments and insurance, what is my risk profile, what are my short term plans on expenditure and to always set aside some emergency funds. 

It was when I realized that having just 1 account was too confusing for me. I cannot clearly define savings and my usual expenses. Hence, I definitely to open an account with funds that I will never touch till my big events in life (wedding, house, renovation, honeymoon), and an account whereby I withdraw for daily necessities and overseas travel expenses. 

After the clear separation, I actually saw how SLOW my savings were growing. 
Back then, I didn't think too much about it and continued to do my usual savings with DBS's standing instructions. Fortunately, a friend, who is still working with the company PlayMoolah, invited me for their financial awareness talk. From that talk, I learnt that I could have saved way more, it was just how well I can further define and utilize my finance cash flow.

Since then, I had saved triple of what I initially started out and now I can be confident and say that I will still have sufficient fund for furniture expenses and Europe honeymoon even after clearing out my second account. Although.....I do admit it is kinda TIGHT. I don't think I will want to spend every single cent. 

Now I'm just hoping that Altitude Alliance will give me a good offer. =P

Comments

Popular Posts